Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Near Tragedy at the Mud Volcanoes




On a recent trip to visit Jessica and Travis' relatives in Niland, we were told about "The Mud Volcanoes" just outside of town. So on our way out of town we decided to take a trip out there to see them.... Well as usual Mama-ratzzi was snapping pictures left and right. Makenna in front of the bubbling pool of mud, all of the kids in front of the slightly spewing volcano. It was pretty facinating actually and all of us were quiet intrigued... until dun, da dun (morbid piano sound).... I stepped in the exact spot Makenna had been standing in, she was now on the other side of the bubbling pool and posing for a picture and WHOOSH!!! Down I go, straight down, up to my knees in the thickest mud you've ever seen. And I could NOT move my legs at all!! At that same time she goes running at the speed of light into the desert screaming "mommy's going to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" while covering her ears! Oh my god, I was laughing so hard I thought I'd pee my pants, which didn't help in trying to get my legs free. Not to mention I was also trying to grip onto my $125 flip flops that I was not ready to leave behind! Well Jessica and Travis came over and were trying to help me out but at the same time couldn't get too close or they'd also go down into the mud... I managed to get out once I was willing to give up the shoes! BUMMER! Well, just as soon as I was freed from the mud, down goes Jessica! Luckily for her, her sandals were strapped onto her feet! Now we had to calm Makenna down, convince her that this was as funny as it really was and that NO ONE WAS IN ANY DANGER. Then with over 3 hours of driving ahead of us we needed to find somewhere to wash off all this mud. Thank God the gas station in town had 2 water faucets in back and we were able to get cleaned up. The pictures just dont show how so very funny all this was! All Travis could say was "Well now we know that Makenna isn't good in stressful situations."

No comments:

Post a Comment